Is literature review different than a research paper?
Literature reviews discuss available information in a specific area, and sometimes information in a particular subject area within a certain time period.
A literature review can be just a simple synopsis of the source documents but it usually has a certain outline. A summary is a recap of the important information of the source, but a synthesis is a restructuring of that information. It might give a new elucidation of already read material. And depending on the situation, the literature review may evaluate the sources and advise the reader on the most significant.
Is it then different from a research paper?
Yes, The focal point of an academic research paper is to develop a new question, and a research paper will contain a literature review as one of its parts. In a research paper literature review, you use the literature as a foundation and as support for a new insight that you contribute. The focus of a literature review, however, is to summarize and synthesize the arguments and ideas of others without adding new contributions.
A few steps to write a research paper literature review can be as follows:
· Read with a purpose: you need to summarize the work you read but you must also decide which ideas or information are important to your research.
· Write with a purpose: your aim should be to evaluate and show relationships between the work already done. A few tips for writing is as follows:
· A presentation is important: Take care of integration of the problem to the literature review. You can present the formulation of the problem and make issues around your thesis statement. This way, you can easily relate the full contents of the review to your dissertation.
· Providing reference material information: It is important that you mention where you have searched and what materials you have actually acquired. This will give your readers an idea of how credible your literature review is.
· Explanation of your research: You must then write and identify which sets of materials provide the best data results related to your plan of research. Make sure that you include the significant contributions of these materials as to how they fare in giving you more reliable conclusions.
· Overall research paper literature review results: how to write a literature review must give out your overall analysis and interpretation of the acquired info. Make is a point to discuss these findings in a clear manner.
· Bear in mind the purpose: it should answer the questions, which you might have mentioned in your own research paper or the documents you are reviewing.
Sometimes it becomes difficult to put down the thoughts together even though your ideas are concrete. In such case it is advisable to get some research paper help to understand how to structure your research paper literature review. There is a lot of quality help available on our website and you can also try looking at some sample research papers or order customized and well written research papers as well.