The career research paper you write will help you quest your goals for future. Here, the student usually writes about his ideal career or the career of his interest. So before you choose a topic, be sure that it is something you really want to write about or a career you want to pursue in future. But sometimes it also happens that you have been picked by your mentors to write about a specific career which might be very different from the career of your choice, so you end up really having no option.
Writing a research paper on career is not just another argumentative research paper. It involves mostly the following:
1. Comprehensive research from various sources. These would include both primary sources like conducting a survey or interviewing people and secondary sources like magazines, articles, newspapers, books, internet etc. Providing the correct and data-supported information becomes very important while writing career research papers.
2. Research paper outlining – It will help you if you outline your research paper prior to writing. This way you will have a very good idea as to how to structure your paper and where to find information.
3. Structuring your research paper – Every research paper should include an introduction, a body and then a conclusion. These are the main broad parts of a career research paper. It would be a good idea to mention in the introduction as to why you have chosen this specific career to write on, what are your personal interests and why do you want to pursue the career?
4. You can mention your writing in forms of arguments and hence you would need to show both pros and cons of the career that you are writing about. Showing only the good sides would not provide a complete representation to the readers.
5. The body of your career research paper should generally include points about:
• The baseline education that a person should have to enter the chosen career
• Skills or competencies required
• Salary range
• Career path in the next 10 years’ time
• Demographical information
• Nature of the work
• Job satisfaction level
• Value add-on if any
6. Remember the fact that career research paper is a tool to help the students select a certain career goal in life or at least fine-tune their selection criteria. So it important to draw a firm conclusion about the career in your research paper for effective research and practice.
7. There are different research paper writing styles which one can choose to write. This way you can format your research paper and standardize it.