Follow the news around the world; you will find interesting research topics
It is not at all difficult to find interesting research topics to work on, provided you have no hesitation at all in working hard. One has to read the papers, watch television and read other books covering various topics, if he or she would like to have broad-based knowledge about many things. Unless you have a strong foundation, it could be very difficult for you to think of the right topic on which you can carry out your research.
Let’s take a look at some tnteresting topics for a social sciences student.
Reading about society and becoming a graduate in social sciences could be the foundation for a career in the same. You could either become an economist or a sociologist or even a person interested in pursuing other fields that are directly related to this study. In order to ensure that your research is interesting, it would be a good idea to take a look at several topics. Since you have decided to become a social scientist, there are many topics that would be of interest to you, such as:
- Crime Rates
- Juvenile Delinquency and Rehabilitation
- Economic disparities
- Social structure in the last decade in America
- Breaking up of the family structure
Well, the list of interesting research topics could go on and on. There could be many reasons why a person should choose a particular topic. Some of these reasons could be:
- The student has a specific inclination to the study of that particular topic
- The student is able to collect a lot of info on the topic easily; since the material is readily available, research can also be done fairly easily.
- The time frame given by the adjudicating authority is such that only a limited quantum of research can be done. On the other hand, if there is a lot of time to carry out this research, a more extensive program can be planned.
- This topic is in continuation of an earlier research that has been done, for another purpose. For the sake of continuity, this topic can be chosen.
Once the topic is chosen, it is the duty of the researcher to ensure that the collection of data is done in a systematic way. For instance, if the topic is to cover the demographical status of a country, it is important to collect all statistics available for that country, provided it is within the specified timeframe. If the study is about the demographics between two specific timeframes, then it is necessary to present tabular columns that show comparisons and contrasts.
The search for interesting research topics would be fruitful only when you are fully aware of the subject itself. Research paper writing is certainly a challenging task and it cannot be taken lightly. The student needs to get a hold on the basics of the subject and be able to analyse the data in a proper way.