A process to follow – research paper methodology
Research paper methodology is the process followed during the whole research activity and essentially is the core component of the research paper itself. Practically speaking, this certain part of a research paper provides the overall reliability factor of the study. Even if you are simply writing an article like a science assignment essay or a literature assignment essay, it really does count for a researcher to give the full details how he was able to come up with the solution for the problem statement.
Research paper methodologies usually cover the process of data congregation procedures. This do not depend on what type of research you are going to pursue; be it math research paper or a marketing research paper. What is important is that you can provide some details how you will use data for analysis to your readers. It may be troublesome to even write the methods parameter but this will greatly improve the quality of your research paper.
Research paper methodology generally includes the following two parts:
- The methods used: These essentially talks about the procedures or methods that have been used for gathering data. How data was captured here is the big question, the primary data capture methods and secondary data capture methods both should be discussed here.
- Data analysis: How the gathered data have been converted into valuable information that derived the result of the whole research. Here you need to show various tools and techniques of data analysis used during research.
Apart from the data gathering techniques, research paper methodologies also give the readers an idea on what proper formulations are good for a particular set of data. The use of various statistical tools for example ANOVA and descriptive statistics can be shown in the research study. The methodology clarifies all these concerns for the readers. Therefore, you can still build up the excellence of your research paper by having a consistent methodology.
Some guidelines to follow during designing your methodology for research paper can be:
- offer enough information which is easy for others to follow your procedure
- The procedure described should be to the detailed grass root level so that it is even easy to be replicated
- Define your sample and its characteristics
- List the variables used
Finally this should conclude with findings which necessarily should be numeric and descriptive information.
It will all depend on whether you can find a good step by step reading material on how to write a methodology. But as a suggestion, you should also take time to get at least a single document on how to write the methodology. This will give you more insight on how to construct the research paper.
The best way is to get expert help and guidelines mentioned on the website and getting some sample research papers to get hands on experience of understanding how to design your methodology section.