Breakdown your thoughts in a sequence and outline first
It does not matter if you are writing a biology research paper or art history research paper, research paper outlining is a common planning activity, whatever the research topic is and must be done to put the work into a logical algorithm. There are various styles of writing like APA, MLA. Like with APA research writing style, Research Paper Outline MLA Format also is meant to standardize research paper writing around different areas that helps the readers to steer and grasp a text more easily by providing familiar formatting when referring to sources and references. This encourages consistency in writing and helps writers maintain the same format of writing and citation throughout his research papers which is crucial for effective research and practice.
Research Paper Outline MLA Format can follow the following basic structure:
- Title- This is the shortest part of the research paper but might be the most complicated since the title needs to be appealing and at the same time capture the purpose of research. A research paper title page should be carefully written since this is the first impression of the research.
- Summary- A summary can be written in the very beginning to sample your long report. This is important to jot down the relevant findings of your research.
- Table of Contents – This is just a list of sub-topics or headings with their page numbers.
- Background of research – This section should basically include history of research, its background, if there was any other previous research conducted on a similar topic, why this topic of research was selected by you.
- Method used- Here a person should be very objective in writing since this is all about equipments and techniques – the actual methodology used to perform the research. One has to be accurate in reporting this section.
- Result- A result of research is not necessarily the conclusion. This can be the basis of discussions and arguments to be further used to draw conclusions on similar lines.
- Arguments/ discussions- A more subjective section where analysis takes place of the results obtained via research.
- Conclusion- This section is to summarize the findings of your research and should be concurrent to the section 2 summary.
- Other sections like references and acknowledgements (if any)
Research Paper Outline MLA Formats are typically meant for writers and students preparing document in various humanities disciplines such as:
- English or Foreign language and literature
- Literary Analysis
- Relative Literature
- Cultural Studies
- Arts subjects
- Social Studies
If you need to gain more information about MLA writing style or Research Paper Outline MLA Formats, you can surely check our website for more information and check some quality sample research papers.