Writing a research paper is not an easy task to cope up with but at the same time is a task that a student would need to complete. A small representation of your research paper is your research paper title page hence it needs to be composed with a lot of things in mind. It’s advisable to make the title page in the end after the completion of research paper writing. In this way, you get an idea of what all you have put down in your research and gives you a better insight as to how to formulate your title page.
This is the shortest part of the research paper but might be the most complicated since the title needs to be appealing and at the same time capture the purpose of research. A research paper title page should be carefully written since this is the first impression of the research.
First of all, it needs to be appealing and easy to comprehend. Generally there are common structures available and you can take some research paper help to understand the basic structures of the title page itself.
Secondly, depending on the writing style that you have chosen like APA style or MLA style, your formatting of title page would also vary. For example if your research paper writing style is APA, then here are certain rules for you to follow:
1. Font size of title page should be 12 and in times new roman.
2. The title page should contain the following: The title itself, name of the author, name of the institution
3. Page number starting from the research paper title page itself. Also, the page number should be in the upper right hand corner of the page.
4. Use of running head- this is basically your header which runs through the whole research paper. This only contains the research paper title written in capital letters.
5. Do not underline, italicize, or place your title in quotation marks; write the title in Title Case (standard capitalization), not in all capital letters.
Third point to keep in mind is that the title itself should be small and comprehensive and should be written in maximum 12- 15 words. Also, it is important to avoid the use of any abbreviations or jargons within the title itself.
Fourthly, spaces should be provided at correct places. For example, the title, name of author and institution should all be written in the middle of the page and not at the top. This leaves some space both at the top and at the bottom.
Lastly, it is important to also include the date of the research paper generally at the bottom of the research paper title page. The title page is followed by the introduction of the research paper and then there is a flow of writing as decided in your research paper outline. So pick your words carefully and follow the writing style because the first impression is the last impression and you certainly don’t want to ruin it all before it has even begun.