Need to understand differences between research paper and thesis first
Students often get confused between the academic documents like research paper and thesis and they generally think these are the same documents. However, so is not the case. There are some basic differences in both these academic documents, which can be explained with the help of research paper thesis example.
Here are a few differences to start with:
· One of the differences between a research paper and a thesis is the rationale behind both. A thesis is a document written in support of achieving an academic degree or qualification.
· A thesis also is usually longer than research paper and its study is more extensive.
· A thesis is also completed in a number of years unlike research papers, which can be much shorter and easier to complete.
· A thesis is also called as dissertation and is usually linked with postgraduate studies, i.e. research or taught Master’s degree, PhD or M.Phil level and is carried out under a supervision of a professor or an academic of the university. Supervisor is a person whose job is to oversee and guide the progress of thesis writing.
· One of the aspects of thesis completion is the oral examination or viva voce that takes place after submitting your thesis at the university. The oral examination means usually the presentation of your thesis in front of a panel of examiners and facing an interview of your own thesis topic. The final results of your thesis will be given after the oral examination.
· A research paper is usually been written as a part of a subject and does commonly not account as a separate subject or module and thus does not necessarily require an individual supervisor.
· A research paper thesis example is one that develops from a basic premise or idea. It is not like writing an essay on a topic. Instead, you have an idea or a couple of ideas in your mind about something. Then you develop these ideas in such a way that you bring out a whole new perspective of the topic.
Each academe sets its own rules and system for presentation style and the length of a thesis depending on the research area. In some universities the rules are more specific and they demand very accurate style and format requirements. If you check our website for research paper thesis examples, there is however certain components that are always prerequisite in thesis presentation style, such as table of contents or abstract. One can also include an acknowledgement and also depending on the research field, graphics, tables or research methods can be involved for representation purpose. However, these all apparatus might not be expected in a research paper. But again, as both are academic documents bibliography together with accurate referencing must be presented.
Sometimes it becomes difficult to put down the thoughts together even though your ideas are concrete. In such case it is advisable to get some research paper help to understand how to structure your research paper thesis example. There is a lot of quality help available on our website and you can also try looking at some sample research papers.