College teachers have a smart way of evaluating what students have gained in their classes. One common thing they do is give you homework that will assess how much you have learned. Professors will want to see how good you are in applying the studied concepts in real-life situations. Most of them give you an investigative research assignment that requires you to delve into a particular subject, topic, issue, or a problem. Such papers demand that you examine the reasons an event happens, and the impact it has. These are very exciting yet tricky essays. Here, you will find how to choose good cause and effect research paper topics for your homework. It’s common for college and high school teachers to allow the students to select a subject that they desire. However, the instructor will have a predefined boundary within which to pick your issue of discussion.
How to Select Interesting Cause and Effect Research Paper Topics
Capturing your reader’s attention goes beyond creating an effective hook at the start of the article. The content of your work must be exciting. A captivating topic that does not have an attention grabber is likely to get more reads as compared to a less interesting subject with a remarkable hook at the introduction. This means that getting a thought-provoking subject for your research is critical. Selecting topics for cause and effect research paper should be done with uttermost care. Below are some professional tips on what to observe when looking for an interesting issue to explore.
- Check the given boundary within which your subject must fall
- Look for a list of controversial debates related to your case
- Get relevant, sufficient, and recent data or statistics
- See what scholars say about the selected topic
- Gather enough facts from credible sources
If you are not an expert in the chosen area, you need to look for easy cause and effect research paper topics. You do not want to entangle yourself with complicated stuff that may end up being stressful. People reading your essay can tell very fast if you are experienced in the content you are writing. Simple subjects are good targets for first-year students as they do not demand a lot of sophistication. Furthermore, these topics have so much information available about them such that you will need to google, and the first ten results will be sufficient.
Students May Ask, What Does Cause And Effect Mean?
This is a relationship between two or more events or issues. A teacher will give this assignment to assess whether you have analytical skills. A good writer knows the trick; show that when a particular thing happens, it generates an impact. It is easy as it sounds. For instance, the cause of lung cancer is smoking. In this example, tobacco is the reason; the disease is the effect or consequence. Our experts can help you choose the best cause and effect research paper topics. We have highlighted some cool sample subjects to provoke your thinking in the right direction.
- Sales go down when prices are increased
- The light comes on after flipping the switch on
- We get cavities because of poor dental hygiene
- Oil spills destroy marine life
- Air pollution causes global warming.
As seen above, college cause and effect research paper topics will demand that you investigate an issue showing its consequences and its origins. The first one on the list above allows you to explore the reasons why an increase in prices lowers volume of sales.
When working on this research paper, you must show that performing a specific activity triggers an occurrence of a particular event. A writer must not fall into the common trap of thinking that since events happen sequentially, they form a perfect cause-consequence relationship. Take this example: Steve complains that it started raining soon after finishing to wash his car. Here, there is no connection between the two. Washing the vehicle cannot scientifically bring rain.
Free Tips On Picking Best Cause and Effect Research Paper Topics for College Students
Rushing to a subject matter without proper thought is the start of an awful essay, especially when working on these kinds of investigative matters. Take time to go over the most interesting issues under the given discipline before you can start writing. For instance, a business student taking a course on human resource management will be confined to the subject while choosing what to write about. Most class instructors will allow you to pick any area to examine. A student should take advantage of this leeway to pick good topics for an cause and effect research paper. Take those that you have interest in only. Discussing these issues is simple since you already have some background information about them.
In our human resource management example, you may decide to investigate the cause and impact of motivation on the productivity of an organization. If you are a business student, you are likely to have a good understanding of the subject. Writing on such matters is easy. It is also possible to get credible references since you have some basic knowledge of what is right and what is misleading. See examples of simple cause and effect topics for college students:
- Social media enhances socialization
- Air pollution causes global warming
- Stress and depression reduce immunity
- Hypertension increases chances of cardiac arrests
- Absence of communication kills friendship
- Poor media reporting causes bias
- Advertising influences perception of a brand
- Music piracy hurts an economy
- Cracking jokes enhances interpersonal skills
- Unhealthy diet is to blame for lifestyle illnesses
- Practicing communication improves confidence
- Regular physical activities minimize stress
- Peer pressure leads to substance abuse
- Drinking when pregnant causes birth deformities
- Google makes people lazy
- Homework enhances children’s IQ
- Strict gun control reduces crime levels
- Illiteracy is to blame for poverty
- Internet has improved quality of education
- Poor leadership is the source of racial prejudice
- The assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand sparked World War 1
- Radicalization brings about violent extremism
- Using renewable energy reduces global warming
- Building the Mexican wall will deter illegal immigrants
- Bullying in school kills self-esteem
- Uniforms in schools eliminate bias
- Multicultural education improves quality of learning
- Parents’ preferences triggers siblings’ enmity
- Peaceful marriages elongate people’s lives
- Texting while driving causes accidents
- Smoking leads to lungs cancer
- Studying in groups improves one’ cognitive abilities
After choosing a good subject like listed above, getting the correct facts is critical when preparing the topics to write an cause and effect research paper on. If you cannot gather sufficient evidence about a subject, it’s advisable to avoid them altogether. Do not start an article without enough realities to support your arguments.
Lastly, for this research paper, you must try as much as possible to follow the format of a normal essay. Have an introductory part with a thesis statement focusing on the cause of an event and impacts it has on the environment, people, community, organization, etc. Create a body outlining the causative factors and consequences of the event under investigation. The conclusion must consolidate all the facts and impacts outlined. Speak to our experts today for a perfectly done cause and effect paper. Leave us a message now or click the “order” button to fill the simple form. Let our experienced writers handle this academic problem.